- 07921 465358
As an accomplished and experienced lead developer, I have implemented a number of high volume projects from the ground up using a wide range of technologies both old and new. I am always looking to push forward best-practice for development and ensure a high level of attention to detail. I have leadership experience including recruitment, line management and agile project management.
I have an entrepreneurial attitude to work, having previously founded a company, and I bring a “can do” attitude to all aspects of my work. I am on the lookout for a forward-thinking company which can provide interesting challenges and a platform for my skills to shine.
- PHP 10 years experience including PHP5, OOP, Zend Framework
- Tools SVN, Git, Hudson CI, Phing
- Team leader Leading Agile teams including roles of Head of Development and Technical Architect
- Linux & Apache Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu
- 3rd party PHP systems including Magento eCommerce plaform and various open source CMS systems
- Self-starter, having formed own company
- Friendly, outgoing and ambitious
April 2010 - date Imagini Europe Limited (www.visualdna.com) Technical Architect
Leading the infrastructure team at Imagini, my main responsibility is the design and development of the VisualDNA targeted advertising platform. This platform serves 20M unique users per month with over 5M events per day. It allows us to provide audience insight and targeted advertising to our clients.
- Design and implementation of a scalable data storage platform (powered by Apache Cassandra)
- Design and implementation of a RESTful web service, providing a stable base that allows other parts of the company to build consumer products
- Expanding use of Continuous Integration, unit testing and code analysis
- Data Storage Platform Designing and implementing a layered data storage platform which includes a 16 node Cassandra cluster running on Amazon EC2 and use of Hadoop to process data at scale.
October 2009 - April 2010 Blue Duck Education Ltd (www.mangahigh.com) Senior Developer
Development of the Mangahigh.com maths games website in parallel with improving development systems and procedures.
- Introducing and coordinating an Agile development process
- Setting up a technical blog to improve documentation of code and ideas
- Introducing a Continuous Integration system including unit testing and code analysis
- Leading a project to introduce a new architecture with the aim of reducing complexity and coupling
- Developing new functionality in line with management requirements
May 2009 - October 2009 Sonik Media (www.sonikmedia.com) Technical Manager
Working on a variety of consumer marketing projects for clients that include British Cycling and Sky.
- Liaising with clients and managing projects via agile development process
- Communicating effectively with the large, distributed development team as well as various project stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are met
- Working on a variety of technology platforms including Zuvvi CMS (built on Zend Framework) and Magento eCommerce platform
- Delivery of client projects within tight deadlines
- British Cycling and Sky: Skyride Microsite designed to promote Sky's series of organised cycle rides throughout Summer 2009. view more details on this project
2007 - May 2009 Neoco (www.neoco.com) Head of Development
Contract developer for six months followed by a step up to Head of Development. This role included the management of the development team and timely delivery of client projects.
- Leading the direction and development of Neoco's in-house CMS and newsletter system
- Recruitment and supervision of a small team of employees, including coaching the team and carrying out appraisals
- Implementing systems and processes to improve quality of client projects including effective testing procedures
- Defining the functionality of technical projects and estimating the time required to deliver
- Delivery of client projects within tight deadlines
- Quark: I Love Design Large social network and promotion website build, designed to promote QuarkXPress design software. view more details on this project view this website
- Neoco CMS Bespoke CMS used to power a wide variety of projects from I Love Design to Flash widgets. view more details on this project
- 28 Day Experience Word of Mouth website; the same model was used for a number of different clients. view more details on this project
2002 - 2007 MPD Consulting Ltd (www.yourschoolweb.co.uk) Director
Founder and driving force behind the YourSchoolWeb startup; a company focussed around creating a web-based content management system and learning environment for schools.
- Running company operations including product development, testing, installation and support as well as overseeing additional operations such as sales, marketing, finance and administration
- Supervision of a small team of employees
- Managing relationships with clients and external companies and individuals
- Effective time management, including managing a number of complex installation projects for new clients at the same time as ongoing support and product development
- Configuring and maintaining a number of Linux based servers running Centos4 (based on RHEL 4), with key packages Apache, MySQL, PHP, Postfix, Courier IMAP, Maildrop, SpamAssassin, OpenSSH
- Running MPD Consulting Ltd Start-up company formed to develop and market the school Intranet solution "YourSchoolWeb". view more details on this project
- YourSchoolWeb Intranet/CMS build Large school-focussed Intranet solution covering content creation, assessment analysis, reporting and behaviour management. view more details on this project view the website
2001 - 2002 Marshalls Park School, HaveringWeb developer
After graduating from university, I created an Intranet framework which considerably improved the use of ICT within the school.
- Development of web application using PHP, IIS and MSSQL 2000
- Helping to manage and develop the schools’ ICT provision
1998 - 2001 The University of Birmingham
2:1 BSc (hons) degree in Physics with Electronics
1996 - 1998 Havering Sixth Form College, Essex
A-Levels - Maths (A), Physics (A), Computer Science (A)
AS-Levels - Electronics (A), Further Maths (C)
1991 - 1996 Marshalls Park School, Romford, Essex
9 GCSE grades A to C including 7 grade A/A*
Available on request.